Subject #1: Being New is No Fun.
I am under the impression that no matter what career you choose, starting out will be hard. Sometimes you may choose a new hobby, and while it may be hard, you enjoy the newness. However, I don't think the being new to a career is the enjoyable kind of hard. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my job, but it's hard. I don't know how school could have prepared me better. To teach me how to comprehend better what an order is, or to not be scared that I won't have all the information when a Dr. calls me back. I don't know if you can teach those things. Or how to wrap your mind around what's going on with everyone you're caring for, as well as what needs to be done, what you have and haven't charted, what new orders have come through, and what is pertinent to tell the oncoming nurse.
I thank the Lord pretty much everyday for His provision of a job for me. But I do want the world to understand that nursing may not be as glamorous as some may think it is. Maybe it will become more glamorous as I get better, but I don't know how by how much. Just because I only work 3 shifts a week doesn't mean my body understands that. I don't know what the word schedule and routine means right now. Just like any other job, you have to have a sense of self-motivation, self-gratification? Is that the right term? I have to know that no matter what happens, I give myself purpose behind what I do when I work. I'm not smiling at my patients when I walk in just because my job says I have to, I'm not speaking to them kindly just because that is what nurses do. No. God has called me to nursing. God has called me to be His hands, His feet, His compassion, His love, His tenderness, His smile, His peace, His encouragement and so much more to these patients. And HE is the only way that I CAN be any of those things. Not to mention that I couldn't handle being new and struggling through all I have to do if it weren't for the purpose, encouragement, and grace that He gives me.
I was going to continue on to discuss various other subjects regarding live music, Francis Chan's book "Crazy Love" and more, but this may be getting too long and you may stop reading, so I will stop writing. I know this blog may not be too glamorous either. I'm not a writer, I just write the thoughts that go through my head. But here they are, my thoughts, on this blog, on the internet, for those to read who desire to read my thoughts. Now you can be a mind reader of sorts. I hope you have a wonderful day. God has given us this day, we are told to REJOICE and BE GLAD in it. We may not know what it will hold, but what it holds, He will bring together for the best. Praise Him because He loves us with an everlasting love. <3
No comments:
Post a Comment