Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sleeping through beautiful weather...

I have to be honest and say I am slightly jealous of those who are just now waking up to this beautiful morning in Tennessee. There is a nice cool crisp to the air and it looks like it will be a beautiful day to be a part of.

I, however, will be a part of it from my bed. :) The joys of working nights and weekends. Last night was good again, different, but good. The morning reminds me again of God's mercies to us each morning. One of the current God-themes in my life right now if recognizing the depravity of my sin. I sinned against my God, my HOLY God, Abba Father, Jesus Christ my Savior.... I sin.... Though I am of the Spirit as Romans 8 reminds me, I still fight the desires of this flesh. But so often I forget that. I can go for a while thinking about how great I am, only to later be shown the depravity of my sin and pride I was in.

However, on the flip side of that, is that God sets me FREE from that condemnation and guilt for my sin!! How much greater am I able to comprehend the glory of the cross when I understand the awfulness of my sin!! And in addition, He LOVED me enough to do that!! I pray you understand that more today. I hope I do too... but I think our joy in our salvation and our desire to seek and know our God is so much greater when we understand these things more. Thank you Lord for beautiful weather and seasons you have created.

No comments:

Post a Comment