Friday, December 14, 2012

How will they believe?

Yesterday I went with a dear friend to a woman's house who is a refugee. My friend had known the woman's family before, and had seen the lady the night before when she took a gift to her young child. My friend, Andrea-same name, different person- had asked the woman at that time if she could come over and share the story about God with her. The woman said yes... She said yes... She wanted to hear this story....WOW!! So my friend invited me to come along.

We picked up a teenager who spoke the woman's language so that he could translate the story accurately and she could understand more. My friend began the story, the teen translated, and it began. I quickly learned part of my purpose being there was for prayer and distracting the extremely hyper 4-year-old boy. But I was thrilled to just even be used by God for that purpose. 

After returning from outside with the boy, Andrea informed me that the woman wanted to believe and they were going to begin a frequent Bible Study so that she could hear the full story of our God. I was ecstatic, but had some difficulty believing it had been that easy. Really, she just needed to hear the story? She already wanted to believe? It didn't take much convincing? Then afterwards, all throughout the night and into the next morning, this verse kept popping into my mind:

Romans 10:14-15
How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard?And how will they hear without a preacher? How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!"

How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? How will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? She knew some of this God. She had friends and relatives who followed this God instead of the gods of her religion, but she hadn't been given the opportunity to hear the full story of her God who loves her and desires relationship with her. She could not call on Him yet because she had not believed in Him yet. But God had been calling her. Obviously, it was not just our story that made her want to believe. Our God had been calling her spirit. Calling her to believe in Him, to return to relationship with Him. So how beautiful were the feet of my friend Andrea who brought Good News of Good Things!!! 

I was convicted. Am convicted. Convicted of all those times that I have not told those who need to hear of the Good News of Good Things. I pray and have faith that the people whom I have missed telling of the Good News to, that God will bring along another child to tell them the Good News, so that they may believe. 

How faithful God is to answer my prayers. I had asked Him to remind me of His call. His call to all believers, including me, to be the sent, the preacher, those beautiful feet bringing Good News of Good Things. Good Things!!!! Salvation! (Romans 10:9-10) Relationship!! Love, hope, faith! All those things that our God promises us when we believe in Him.

So, I'm called. You're called. We're called. Preach the Good News! So they may hear. So they may believe. So they may call on Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment