I may have thought of this before, but I am not really sure. What I am sure of is that I can't wait to go to work next week because that means my body will be tired and will hopefully sleep in greater than 3 hour increments. I apologize for my attitude, but I'm tired of being tired.
I ended up only working one night this last week. Which you could see as a great thing, but it was kind of unexpected, and my sleep wake, alert, exhausted times were completely thrown off. I would try to be awake during the day and couldn't make it much past two without wanting a nap. Then I would feel like a lame person to hang out with for that reason. I've been getting more frustrated this week. And then, the last few days I wake up every 3 hours!!
I have had sleeping problems before so it's not a totally new thing for me, but it does create some newfound empathy for my patients who hate me waking them up through the night. I probably would too. The unfortunate thing is that is just the way it ends up being sometime. They need that antibiotic, or maybe I couldn't get in there with their ten o clock pm meds until eleven or eleven thirty because of other things going on. To my patients that I have assisted in becoming sleep deprived, I apologize. No wonder you're grouchy when I come to give you meds at five in the morning. I would be. It's six thirty and I may have already woken you up twice in the last hour.
On from that monologue. Really, where I was hoping to go with this post is that I wonder if when we talk about God being our provider, that includes our provider of sleep. I'm sure it does, I just hadn't thought of it in that way before. I always think provision of money, food, clothes, but why wouldn't sleep be in that list? And He always talks about rest. Come unto me, all you are weary and heavy burdened and I will give you rest. I think there is also a different meaning to rest there, such as peace, but we tend to sleep well when we are at peace.
So Lord, help me to trust You to give me rest and sleep when I need it. This is a new type of thing to trust You with, help me.
No comments:
Post a Comment