Psalm 25 begins: "To You, Oh Lord, I lift up my soul"
About a month ago I began to read this almost every day and ask the Lord to make it true in my life. I could tell that I was not lifting up my soul in every area of my life. He has been faithful to draw me to Him in every area of my life.
Then one night I was laying in my bed praying through and thinking about this verse again, most likely with a certain degree of desperateness. Then I had this image - I guess analogy image in my mind - of a girl standing in a room with a bunch of drawers - doesn't matter if they were dressers or what - just that there were a lot of drawers, and each drawer stood for a different area of her life. Friends, church, work, relationships, family, emotions, thoughts, etc. And now they were all opened. Her soul, for every area of her life was finally open and lifted up to Him - everything was available for Him to have a say in. It wasn't until I got this down - to You, Oh Lord I lift up my soul, that I was able to move on to the next part.
"in You I trust, o my God"
I asked Him to help me begin to trust Him. Again it was a slow process, but moved more quickly now that my soul was lifted to Him.
"do not let me be ashamed"
Then I was able to move on to this next part. Every time I read a Scripture about not being ashamed, I am so convicted b/c I think of all the times in my life I have been ashamed of Him. But again, He has been faithful to answer my prayers in this as well. I have brought up God more than I used to. Of course, it is easier in Tennessee, but still, it's practice. I had a couple of patients the other night who I would ask if they believed in God, and thet each said yes, and to one I said, "Well, than you should thank God that I recognized this" and to the other said "Do you pray? Well then start praying that this IV draws so that I don't have to stick you." Simple examples, but I was sincere in giving God the credit in those situations.
Read Psalm 25. Take it piece by piece. I'm still working on the next pieces.
~Andrea
No comments:
Post a Comment