Trivial things. Do they matter? In most instances I think not. There are several things in my life which I think are of great importance until I read my Bible much or listen to an old hymn or read an old Puritan prayer that was written by a believer in Christ who lived about a hundred years ago, and I realize how trivial some of the things in my head are. Not to say Christ doesn't care about the small matters in our lives, but on the contrary, I think He's got the small matters so under control He wonders why we would even hesitate to make them important concerns. Comprende?
I'm still comprehending. And growing, and living. One day at a time, one week at a time, one night of work at a time, one friend at a time, one church service at a time, and the list goes on. He is so incredibly gracious, faithful, and merciful. He meets me, teaches me, works in and through me at the times when I realize I am the least worthy. But I'm realizing more and more that is what it takes. Realizing our unworthiness and inability to live this life on our own, to recognize exactly the grace and mercy of this cross of salvation and to entrust Him more with our life, allowing Him greater access.
No comments:
Post a Comment