Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Sun is Rising Outside My Window

The sun is rising outside my window. It wasn't totally my choice to be awake right now. But here I am. Here's my inspired attempt at poetry. God's response to my cry out to Him a few hours ago. The rhythm doesn't always work right, but that's not the important part.

You say trust Me, and I say why?
You say You know me, will I just try?
You say I'm here
I won't let you down
Come now, draw near
No, you won't drown

I want to run deeper
Deeper and further
Into my hiding
Further and further
But You say turn around
That's the wrong way
Come back now
It's the narrow way

But I'll guide you
Protect you
Tell you where to turn
Here's my voice
Don't you hear it?
It's here with the burn

The burn that's inside of you
Don't get confused
Come now,
Draw nearer
You'll hear my voice clearer

That's it,
Keep on turning
You're doing it right
I'm teaching
I'm molding
Pruning
That's right

I know, dear, it hurts
I have felt deeper pain
But trust me
It's better
Just keep coming nearer

You see
There it is
I told you I'd show you
And yes, you're right
There's that
You asked for that too

Remember?
I'm faithful
You've praised me for that
Look what I've done
I won't let you down

Come now, draw nearer
Yes, that's the way to go
You're right
Come seek me
But it takes all your heart

Not just your heart
But your soul and mind too
Oh, love, here I am
You have found me
Now let me show you

I love you
I love you
How can I show you more?
You see
Yes, you've seen
Him there? Yes
He's My Son

We planned it this way
See I love Him so much
But since I love you too
We made a plan

He took my wrath
Yeah, you're right
It's a lot

But He took it all
Took it there on that cross
I took it out on Him
It ripped me to shreds

But here, look now
He's arisen
White
Not dead

He's alive
So are you
I can look at you now

That wrath you deserved
It's gone
He took all that lot

My grace,
My mercy
I can now shed on you

Here it is
Come closer
I will draw you

My beloved
I love you
I am here
Don't forget

For everything
For always
I am yours
You are mine

So, child, trust me
Trust me with your heart
Come now, draw nearer
I know where to start

Press in
Fight hard
And always look ahead

See me
Look I'm here
Look up at that cross

When you're not sure
Press forward
Go ahead
Trust
Pray
Endure
Have faith

Just keep listening
And always draw nearer
Here, hear my voice
See, recognize it now

Draw nearer
Know it
Distinguish it from anything else

This is me...
Your Beloved

No comments:

Post a Comment