Thursday, April 19, 2012

In Love with Him

Every day I am amazed by the depth of love I continue to fall into with my Savior. I constantly have this feeling of missing Him, like I'm not close enough, I'm not loving Him enough, I don't realize His love for me enough. And though I don't quite understand what this feeling of missing Him means, I question if this is what it means to be an alien on this earth. That I will always miss Him until I am in His presence in Heaven.

I am continually amazed with how much I am realizing I love Him. How deep the feeling goes. Yet I have this feeling that the love will/must continue to go deeper. I can tell there is a part of my soul desiring a deeper love still, a greater realization of my Creator and Savior.

I am in awe of the intricacies of which my Savior is involved. How faithful He is to hear all of my requests and desires, and respond to them. How He hears the requests of my brothers and sisters in Christ and responds to them on my behalf as well. I have been so very very thankful to my family in Christ-not quite understanding how/why they are so good, why they are so kind. I only hope I am able to be the same sister in Christ in return to them.

I am in the Old Testament in my readings. I have learned so much from Moses and the Israelites and God's commands and His promises and His holiness. God commands them that when they enter into the Promised Land and enjoy the wells they didn't dig, and the vineyards they didn't grow and the olive groves they didn't plant, they not forget Him. He is the one who led them out of slavery in Egypt to this Land filled with wonderful things they didn't have to work or toil for. Just as God led me out of slavery-out of bondage of sin by no work of my own, but by only work of His, of Christs' sacrifice on the cross-thus leading me into freedom, being clean, back into relationship with Him. May I never forget my salvation is of no work of my own, but only of Christ.

To be continued..... Wow, how I love my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment