Sunday, September 2, 2012

Just want to write...

Sometimes I just want to write. And the hope is that I would have a specific topic with specific thoughts on that topic, but today, after listening to a sermon, I wanted to write. And I didn't have all of my thoughts nicely and succinctly in line in my brain. So i left the computer, did a few things, and yet, the pull the write came back. Now, I don't write on here much, so I don't expect anyone to read what I write. So then there is the discussion in my head where I consider writing everything I think of with no filter because no one will ever read it, and then there's the other side where I wonder if maybe I should post the link to the blog on my FB page. But then, do I really want everyone to come read this? Cause I don't consider myself a good writer. I'm a journaler, yes, but it is more of a conversation that something well written that is very enjoyable to read. But I figure, people can continue to read if they so desire, or they can stop. So here goes nothing. We'll see where it goes and what I decide to do with it.

I'm sick. Bad cold. But oh well, it happens in life. It makes me sit down and relax more because I don't have a choice. I chose not to expose the people at my church this morning to my cold, so I watched a video series of sermons by Louie Giglio I bought last year. It's on Grace. A topic that I hope will never ever grow old to me in my life. My hope is that I will continuously grow more and more in awe of grace through my life. That as I grow as a person, and age etc, that I will recognize and understand more the depth of my sin, and therefore, the beauty and awesomeness of His grace incredibly more. I love the word lavish that one of the verses in the Bible uses to describe it. Ya know. Lavish. Well, actually I think that that verse is about love: How great is the love the Lord has lavished upon us, that we may be called sons and daughters of God. But His grace is lavish too! Man, without anything else, just grace in and of itself, is lavish. It is so undeserved, yet we get it. We are like kings! Living lavishly! We get grace!!

One of my favorite things about Sunday and about church is that it tends to bring me back to the cross. Some sermons and Sundays more than others. But as a general rule. It brings me back. My hope is that my life doesn't look any different on Sundays than other days of the week. However, there is the reality that as the week goes on, I allow myself to be so distracted. Well, in general, I get distracted easily. Through the week I interact with God, ask Him to give me strength at work, read His word some days, learn from it. So all of those things are good. But the thing I hope generally happens on my Sundays, and hopefully more on other days too, but on Sundays, I'm brought back to the central point: Salvation.

God is there to be with me at work, to help me become more like Him, to give me strength when I feel weak, to encourage me. But the FOUNDATION of all of those things is my SALVATION. I must be reminded that I am a sinner! And I require salvation to be placed back into relationship with God! Louie Giglio used this example of this man's longest long jump, 29 feet or something like that. I can't jump that. And just as I can't jump that, I can't jump the gap between God and I that was made because of my sin. But God can, and He did. 

2 Corinthians 5:19: That God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them. 

He doesn't count my sins against me.

2 Corinthians 5:20-21 ...we beg you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 

He was my sin, and I became His righteousness. 

My salvation. That's what the rest of my week stems from. That is what every other aspect of my relationship with God roots from: my salvation. May my thankfulness and joy in my salvation grow and grow!! My I understand the depth of my salvation more and more every day! 

May I remember my salvation, and be awed by it and His grace every single day, in every single interaction. 

He is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment